At Bakson Multispeciality Hospital, we have highly skilled team of Hernia specialist, or Hernia doctors and they provide complete treatment. Hernia is usually treated with surgery. A hernia is the protrusion of an organ through the structure or muscle that usually contains it. The condition occurs most often in the abdominal wall, when the intestine pushes through a weak spot in the wall.
There are four different types of hernias:
- Inguinal hernia is the most common abdominal wall hernia which occurs when the intestine protrudes through either of two passages in the lower abdominal wall called inguinal canals.
- Femoral hernias occur in the upper thigh/outer groin area, occur in deeper passages called femoral canals.
- Ventral hernias occur in the muscles of the abdomen. These are
- Epigastric hernias occur above the bellybutton
- Incisional hernias that occur in the weak part of the abdominal wall resulting from previous abdominal surgery and
- Umbilical hernias, which occur near the bellybutton, are most common in newborns, especially those born prematurely.
- Hiatal hernias occur when the upper part of the stomach bulges into the chest through a small opening (the hiatus) in the diaphragm.
The three main types of hernia surgery are 1) open repair, 2) laparoscopic (minimally invasive) repair, and 3) robotic repair.
- Open hernia repair is where an incision, or cut, is made in the groin. The hernia “sac” containing the bulging intestine is identified. The surgeon then pushes the hernia back into the abdomen and strengthens the abdominal wall with stitches or synthetic mesh. Most patients will be able to go home a few hours after surgery, and feel fine within a few days. Strenuous activity and exercise are restricted for four to six weeks after the surgery.
- Laparoscopic hernia repair uses a laparoscope, a thin, telescope-like instrument that is inserted through a small incision at the umbilicus (belly button). The peritoneum (the inner lining of the abdomen) is cut to expose the weakness in the abdominal wall. Mesh is placed on the inside to cover the defects in the abdominal wall and strengthen the tissue. Within a few months, the incisions are barely visible. Benefits of laparoscopic hernia surgery include three tiny scars rather than one larger incision, less pain after surgery, a quicker return to work and a shorter recovery time (days instead of weeks).
- Robotic hernia repair, like laparoscopic surgery, uses a laparoscope and is performed in the same manner (small incisions, a tiny camera, inflation of the abdomen, projecting the inside of the abdomen onto television screens). The use of the robot provides excellent three-dimensional images of the inside of the abdomen (vs. the two-dimensional images of laparoscopic surgery which allows the surgeon to easily use stitches to sew tissue and meshes inside the abdomen. Other benefits of robotic hernia surgery are that the patient has tiny scars rather than one large incision scar, and there may be less pain after this surgery compared to open surgery.
Now, visit at Bakson Multispeciality Hospital because it is one of the Best Hospital for Hernia Surgery Near you in Greater Noida. So, book your appointment and consult with highly skilled team of doctors.